Often, Landlords will instruct the agent who values their property the highest or has the lowest fees. You should not be swayed by valuation alone. If a valuation is exaggerated, you could lose weeks of rental income, while your property languishes on the market, empty. Remember, you are employing an entire firm, not just the employee who came to value your property.
Fee and valuation aside, here are some marks of professionalism that you should look out for:
(1) Polite, friendly and well trained staff
(2) Large, specialist team dedicated to letting and management
(3) Clear and helpful advice literature
(4) A well promoted and effective web site
(5) Efficient, computerised administration and accounting system
(6) Comprehensive marketing e.g. newspapers, signboards, leaflets, internet and comfortable offices in town centre locations.
(7) The availability of a rent and legal expenses insurance
(8) Able to offer buildings and contents insurance specially formulated for rented accommodation.
Choosing an Agent
Click on the house
for further information
01206 762 138
We offer a fully comprehensive “Letting and Management” service to property owners and we believe our service is second to none. Our “letting only” service is ideal for owners who intend to remain in the general location of the rented property and are happy to manage the property on a day to day basis. Our “Letting and Management” service provides complete peace of mind with Acorn Lettings fully managing the property on your behalf. All Landlords can be secure in the knowledge that Acorn Lettings have arranged a tenancy with maximum protection afforded by law.